Systems for the safe passage of people and materials in clean rooms
Within the clean rooms, different operations and processes are conducted, which must be carried out guaranteeing safety and the absence of contamination. One of the most crucial moments of the activity in a clean room is the entry and exit to it, both for people and materials.
In order to gain access without compromising the classification of the clean room, SAS (Safety Access System) for materials and decontamination showers for people are used. Ad-tech designs and manufactures these two types of equipment following the GMP regulations, in order to guarantee the safety of the environment and the operator.
Ad-tech provides the client a wide range of material transfer systems, of different types:
- Passive SAS
- Dynamic SAS with HEPA filter
- H2O2 or UV biodecontamination pass-trough systems
- Radioprotection SAS
- Customized SAS for the client
For the access and exit of people, it also conceives and manufactures a careful selection of showers:
- Safety water showers
- Safety air showers
- Showers for ATEX chemical containment
- Showers for biological containment
- Customized showers for the client
Both systems are a fundamental element of a clean room since they are the safest means to allow the entry or exit of all types of materials and workers in a laboratory.
Ad-tech, as a member of Albian Group, is backed by more than 35 years of experience in the design and manufacture of equipment for critical areas and controlled environments.
PASS BOX SYSTEMS
A clean room has several applications and is designed according to the specific requirements of each industry (pharmaceutical, veterinary, biotechnological, cosmetic, R&D, food…) Additionally, depending on the processes that are going to be carried out in that clean room, there are different security access systems, known as Pass Box, which will allow the entry and exit of materials while maintaining the classification of the clean room.
They are therefore barrier equipment that allow the transfer of materials to be carried out safely, avoiding cross-contamination and that are designed and manufactured in accordance with GMP regulations.
Ad-tech, as part of Albian Group and specialized in equipment for clean rooms, designs and manufactures SAS according to customer requirements, of different types:
- Passive SAS: This type of SAS without air filtration guarantees the safe transfer of materials avoiding cross contamination.
- Dynamic SAS: With HEPA air filtration, to guarantee a clean environment inside the chamber and thus ensure a correct transfer system for areas of different classification.
- H2O2 biodecontamination SAS: This type of SAS incorporates an aerial decontamination system using hydrogen peroxide vapor (VHP) to allow aseptic and safe transfer of materials between clean rooms and classified areas.
- UV biodecontamination SAS: The UV air tunnel is designed to comply with ATEX regulations and ensures a safe and continuous transfer between areas of different classification.
- Radioprotection SAS: Intended for safe transfer in areas with radiological protection that eliminates the risks of radiation on the outside of an untreated area.
- Customised SAS: Design and manufacture of customised equipment according to the specific needs of the client.
It is also important to highlight that the pass-through boxes of Albian Group can act in overpressure or depression, depending on the needs of the room, to avoid cross-contamination.
Also, another important feature that varies across models is the type of SAS input and output. Different options are offered, according to the required needs:
- Front passage: SAS for easy entry and exit of materials.
- Corner passage: SAS for entry and exit of materials with a 90º layout.
- Floor passage: SAS for entry and exit of materials with door to the ground. For transit with trolleys.
The characteristics of each SAS can be consulted in detail here.
First project in China
Albian Group continues its international expansion. This time, it has achieved a new milestone in its trajectory with the award of the first project in China.
The entire Albian Group team appreciates the trust placed in us by our new Chinese client. We are looking forward to start working on this significant project for the company.
MODULAR LABORATORY FOR MALARIA INVESTIGATION
At the end of 2020, the modular portable laboratory that was entrusted to Albian as a turnkey project financed by the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, began operations.
The final destination of this MPL was a health institute in Tanzania whose objective is to use the aforementioned modular laboratory, biosafety level 3, to develop different investigations in the fight against malaria.
The entire Albian team is excited to be able to contribute to the investigation of this horrible disease that significantly affects the most disadvantaged countries.
BIO FILTER AIR PURIFIER
Biofilter emerges as a new active air purifier with a very careful design and manufacture. The air it receives is filtered by the system and, in turn, the expelled air has sterilizing properties.
The action of its HEPA filters and photocatalysis treatment make it a highly effective system in the destruction of bacteria, viruses and pathogens.
It provides great advantages as it allows the elimination of particles both from the ambient air and from any surface, generating an environment classified as “very clean” (ISO 7).
CAR-T LYMPHOCYTE THERAPY ISOLATOR
Albian Group is proud to have successfully contributed with an isolator whose objective is to use it in the CAR-T therapy process in a prestigious hospital in Spain.
Chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapyes (also known as CAR-T) is a type of immunotherapy treatment used in the treatment of cancer.
This new generation of isolators designed for the application of cell and gene therapies allows biotechnology centers and laboratories focused on cell cultures to continue its developing, always complying with the regulations of regulatory bodies and the guidelines for correct manufacturing both at the national and international levels.
The equipment is connected to a hydrogen peroxide decontamination system, integrated VHP or with connections to external equipment.